Calibrate KLipper extruder step-distance
- Mark the filament 120mm before the entry to your extruder.
- Heat up the nozzle to your desired printing temperature.
- Home all axis to get in "printer ready" state.
- Move the nozzle 50mm away from the bed to make room for the filament that will be extruded in a moment.
- Execute the following G-commands one by one.
- G92 E0 (resets the "extruded material" value to 0.)
- G1 E100 F100 (extrudes 100mm filament with 100mm/min.)
- Now measure the distance between your extruder entry and the mark on your filament.
If it is 28mm instead of 20mm (120mm - 100mm) than you are UNDERextruding by 8mm ==> 92mm instead of 100mm. If it shows 15mm than your are OVERextruding by 5mm ==> 105mm.
c := current value in configuration.cfg m := measured left over filament d := desired mm n := new value for configuration.cfg
((120 - m) / d) * c = n
((120 - 28) / 100) * 0.010500 = 0,009660
(92 / 100) * 0.010500 = 0,009660
As you can see, for underextrusion the new value is lower than the old one. You may play around with the last two numbers to fine tune.